What are VOCs?
Volatile Organic Compounds are evaporated into the Environment as a Gas Form from certain Solids or Liquids. VOCs originate from two different sources. Anthropogenic VOC Emisions originate from man-made products and Biogenic VOC Emisions are naturally occurring. The EPA considers that Anthropogenic VOC Emisions produce about 10% of the total VOC Emisions compared to that of Biogenic Emisions. New EPA and Virginia OTC Regulations have reduced the allowable amount of Anthropogenic VOC’s manufactured in Paints.
The benefits of Low to 0 VOCs
- Reduced toxins benefit everyone including those with allergies and chemical sensitivities.
- Reduces landfill, ground water and ozone depleting contaminants.
- Low VOC products perform well in terms of coverage, scrub-ability and hide-ability (covering flaws on previous coats).
- Easy cleanup with soap and water.
- Low odor during application, no odor once cured, no off gassing and painted areas can be occupied sooner with no odor complaints.